Are You Happy Right Now?
If You Are Happy Right Now, You Do Not Need to Read this Ezine
Welcome to the latest issue of Metaphysical Mind. The focus of this issue will be happiness. But before we begin, I would like to welcome all new subscribers.
Seven Ways to Brighten Someone’s Day by Jessica Swanson
You may think of happiness as the ultimate goal for living the life of your dreams. Most likely you look everywhere for happiness – you look outside of yourself, inside of yourself, and anywhere else that might bring you a chance for contentment.
However, research suggests that one of the easiest ways to increase your own happiness is to brighten someone else’s day. That’s right, if you make a conscious effort to make someone else happy, you will soon find yourself to be happier as well.
So, what can you do to make someone’s day a bit brighter? You certainly don’t need to spend a lot of money or time to bestow kindness on someone. Here are seven simple ways to bring more joy into someone’s day:
1. Write a note or an e-mail to someone that you care about. Or, perhaps write a note to someone who is sick, sad or in need of some encouragement. Letting someone know that you care is a sure way to brighten anyone’s day.
2. Offer to take a friend to lunch. Oftentimes, you become tied up in the chores and mundane events of life. You may go weeks without truly connecting with your friends. Make a point to take a break and connect with someone you care about.
3. When you read a good book, pass it on to a friend. This small gesture lets them know that you are thinking about them and that you care about them. Plus, wonderful books always lift spirits and help people forget about their worries temporarily.
4. Thank everyone who supports you throughout the day. There are so many people that you come into contact with each and every day. At times, you may forget to let them know that you appreciate them. Remember family, friends, secretaries, co-workers, bosses, coaches, store employees, teachers, store employees…the list is endless.
5. Volunteer your time to support a charity that you care about. Every minute you dedicate to charity will lift your spirits. You know that you are making a difference in someone’s life and in the world.
6. Perform an act of random kindness for someone without taking credit. Shovel a neighbor’s driveway, rake your mom’s lawn, or donate a book to a school in need. When you donate your time and energy without need for recognition, you know that you have truly made a difference.
7. Smile! Make a point to smile at everyone that you meet. Don’t go through your day with a scowl on your face. Instead, smile and the world will smile with you!
Remember that happiness can never be attained in exclusion to the people in your life. You must spread happiness and joy wherever you go. If you do, then you will soon find that happiness will find its way easily and effortlessly into your life as well.
Jessica Swanson is the author of Learn to Be Happy! In addition, she publishes the FREE “Happiness Weekly” e-zine. If you are looking for an abundance of happiness tips, tools, and research visit her website at: www.Happiness-University.net.
Are you happy right now? If you are not happy right now, in this moment, then you must choose to be happy. Happiness is your choice. Make a list of all the things you can do that will instantly make you happier. Put on your favorite song, and dance if you have to.
Choose to feel happiness in this moment. Do whatever you have to do to get to the feeling. If you understand the Law of Attraction, you will understand the importance of this.